Last updated on August 7 , 2019.
As a general rule, users of our software Product and services are anonymous to us, and we have no feasible ways to identify you. However certain categories of data may be collected while using our Product and services, and some of this information may be considered “Personal Data” (“Personal Data” or “Data”) by the law. When we collect Personal Data, we generally act as a “data controller” as defined in applicable law. The exact categories of data we collect, why we collect it, and your opt-out choices depend on the Product or service you use, as is more fully described below.
When we post changes to this Policy, we will include the date when the Policy was last updated. If we significantly change this Policy, we will notify you about the upcoming change via our website or using in-app notifications. We encourage you to review this Policy periodically.
For previous versions of this Policy, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- TYPES OF DATA COLLECTED
We may collect your Personal Data as follows while we are providing services. These data is critical for us to realize various functions of this Product. We will use these data to help us develop and improve our products to provide better services. We will use your Personal Data in strict compliance with the purposes set forth in this Policy. We will inform you in advance and obtain your consent before we use these data for any other purposes than set forth in this Policy or we use the Personal Data collected for specific purposes for other purposes.
1.1 Information you provide
If you give us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and email address, as well as any other content included in the email, in order to send you reply. It is your choice whether to send such Personal Data to us.
When you participate in one of our surveys, we may collect additional information provided by you to us as part of the surveys. It is your choice whether to send such Personal Data to us.
1.2 Automatically collected information
To make Rocketshield Services more useful to you, we may collect information from you, including but not limited to:
- Software information, such as version, distribution, system version and product list;
- Hardware information, such as IMEI, MAC address of your device, model info, manufacturer;
- User identification via a universally unique identifier(UUID), This Product may track Users by storing a so-called universally unique identifier (or short UUID) for analytics purposes or for storing Users’ preferences. This identifier is generated upon installation of this Product, it persists between Product launches and updates, but it is lost when the User deletes the Product. A reinstall generates a new UUID.
- Information regarding your usage, such as browser type, language preference, time and time zone, errors and reports, browsing history, buttons clicked, settings, typing in the URL bar, screen presenting, user preferences changes, disabling/enabling cards on main screen, notification being clicked;
- Network information: IP address, network carrier, rough location according to the IP address or Wi-Fi connected by / around you, referring site, and speed of each visitor request;
- Location Information (if you grant permission).
- Every 10x url request’s domain (anonymous).
We use this information for certain legitimate business purposes, namely:
- To understand better how people interact with our Products and services;
- To enhance, modify, personalize or otherwise improve our Products and services;
- To determine the effectiveness of promotional campaigns and advertising;
- To detect, debug and fix crashes in our Products and services;
- To prevent security breaches and abuse.
We allow our advertising partners to show personalized ads to you only if you have accept in relevant pop-up window and so consented to the sharing of your Personal Data for the purposes of personalized advertising. These personalized ads are provided by our monetization partners. You can always adjust your personalized ad choices in the Product’ s “Settings” menu.
1.3 Information we receive from third party
We can obtain your data from third parties through the Product interface. We will get your Google account data (Google account’ s gender, avatar, screen name, account ID, account email).
We will give you special tips when you enable the above-mentioned features concerning special types of Personal Data, inform you once again about the special types of Personal Data that may be collected, and obtain your explicit consent.
1.4 Information we stored locally
The basic browser mode stores information locally on your system. This information might include:
- Browsing history information. For example, this Product stores the URLs of pages that you visit, a cache of text, images and other resources from those pages, and, if the network actions prediction feature is turned on, a list of some of the IP addresses linked from those pages.
- Personal information and passwords, to help you fill in forms or sign in to sites that you visit.
- A list of permissions that you have granted to websites.
- Cookies or data from websites that you visit.
- A record of what you downloaded from websites.
- Sites with user-disabled adblock (whitelists)
- Browser settings
- Device permissions for information access
Depending on user’s specific device, this Product may request certain permissions that allow it to access user’s device Data as described below.
By default, these permissions must be granted by user before the respective information can be accessed. Once the permission has been given, it can be revoked by yourself at any time. In order to revoke these permissions, you may refer to the device settings.
The exact procedure for controlling app permissions may be dependent on user’s device and software.
Please note that the revoking of such permissions might impact the proper functioning of this Product.
If User grants any of the permissions listed below, the respective Personal Data may be processed (i.e accessed to, modified or removed) by this Product.
read your Web bookmarks and history
Used by Chrome. Used to allow user to read and sync bookmarks. Reading history is needed to allow user to browse history and return to previously opened sites and to be able to import previously saved bookmarks
find accounts on the device
Used to read accounts data to use in sync user data and some browser requests. Also used by Chrome to manage authentication.
add or remove accounts
Used to manage accounts for sync feature. Also used by Chrome to manage authentication.
find accounts on the device
Used to find accounts on the device to use in sync feature. Also used by Chrome to manage authentication.
approximate location (network-based)
Used to take user location for web on request and for third party services like weather forecast. We use for weather forecast and Chrome uses it to get location for some sites that need it. Used if user chose for device not ot use GPS
precise location (GPS and network-based)
Used to take user location for web on request and for third party services like weather forecast. We use for weather forecast and Chrome uses it to get location for some sites that need it. Used if user chose for device use GPS precise location
read phone status and identity
Not Used by Chrome. Used by Third party library Open Signal. We don’t know how and why, but it needs this permission
read the contents of your USB storage
Used by Chrome. A site can use files or data stored on your device. Used by Chrome to give sites ability for accessing images, music files, videos, documents, etc. For upload
modify or delete the contents of your USB storage
Used by Chrome. Give sites ability for store images, music files, videos, documents, etc. Also to be able to download files and cache some of them.
take pictures and videos
Used by Chrome. Used to allow user to take and upload pictures and videos to some sites by Chrome
Used by Chrome. Used to give sites ability to ask users to utilize microphone and used to provide voice search feature
view Wi-Fi connections
Used by Chrome. Provide download service and web service according to network conditions. Needed by Chrome to monitor Wi-Fi state to behave accordingly
download files without notification
Used by Chrome. Used to manage downloading files for sync and other depending third party libraries use it too
read sync statistics
Used by Chrome. Needed to get statistics for account sync feature.
receive data from Internet
Used by Chrome. No point in browser App without internet access.
view network connections
Used by Chrome. Provide download service and web service according to network conditions. Needed by Chrome to monitor wi-fi state to behave accordingly. Example notify user when changed from wi-fi to different network for user to know of possible operator fees or for some sites not too load images in high resolution.
pair with Bluetooth devices
Used by Chrome. Used for bluetooth devices usage such as VR-headset or play browser music using headphones
access Bluetooth settings
Used by Chrome. Used for bluetooth devices usage such as VR-headset or play browser music using headphones
connect and disconnect from Wi-Fi
Used by Chrome. Tips for non-Wi-Fi environment when downloading files
full network access
Used by Chrome. The mobile browser provides all apps means to send data to the internet, so this permission is not essential for internet connection.
change your audio settings
Used by Chrome. To allow change sound level and device playback source while listening to audio/video from web content or browser sounds
control Near Field Communication
Used by Chrome. Could be used by web-services. So Chrome asks user for permission if service needs it.
read sync settings
Used by Chrome. Used for Chromium sync feature. It mostly allows the application to know if user already has background data sync (such as for Facebook or Gmail) turned on or off.
run at startup
Used by Chrome. Allows the app to start itself as soon as the system has finished booting and start background services. Eg. scheduled notifications and jobs
reorder running apps
Used by Chrome. Enables WebVR presentation from Chrome Custom Tab to bring Chrome activity back to the foreground inside the VR Entry result Broadcast Receiver
draw over other apps
Not Chrome feature. Used to display floating windows on other applications so that the browser can quickly search for copied text. Used for our accessibility overlay button in other browsers
use accounts on the device
Used by Chrome. Used to read accounts data to use in sync and and some browser validation requests
Used by Chrome. Allows the app to control the vibrating function of the device. To enable or disable it for notification for example
prevent device from sleeping
Used by Chrome. Need to prevent device from sleeping while watching video or listening audio and etc.
toggle sync on and off
Used by Chrome. Need to allow or disallow syncing of user data with server to use it on different devices
write web bookmarks and history
Used by Chrome. Used to allow user to save and sync bookmarks. Writing history is needed to allow user to browse history and return to previously opened sites
Used by Chrome. Used to install shortcuts on the launcher so users can bookmark web sites even out of browser
read Google service configuration
Used by Chrome. Allows this app to read Google service configuration data. For example get subscription packages
request install packages
Used by Chrome to prompt user when they download apk and would like to install it.
read user contacts
Used by Chrome. Gives ability for users to provide contact info (from the Android contact list) to web pages.
keep service in foreground
Used by Chrome and YouTube background playback feature.
Google now account access
Used by Chrome.
Used by Rocketshield to enable user to initiate payments and retrieve its status.
- How We uses your information
We use your information for the following purposes:
- Crash reports
If an Rocketshield Product crashes, we collect a log that includes some information about your browser’ s version, your Rocketshield system, platform and some memory data related to the crash. We collect this data with the sole purpose of improving our products and services.
If you visit our websites, we may collect your IP address to help diagnose problems with our servers and to administer our websites. We use IP addresses solely for this purpose and keep website access logs up to six months.
- Cloud service
We provide you with a wealth of features and services through cloud service interfaces, such as news, weather, bookmarks sync, notifications, and product updates. In order to ensure the operation of cloud services, we need to collect some necessary data, including: Product information such as Product package name, Product version, and Product installation time; system information such as country code, system language, and system time zone; screen resolution and other devices Information; network information such as operators, advertising id.
- Disclosure and Sharing of Your Information
We will share with or transfer or disclose your Personal Data to a third party with your consent or explicit instructions. In addition, to improve the quality of our service, we may also share with or transfer or disclose your Personal Data to a third party under the following circumstances.
4.1 Affiliated Company
We may share your Personal Data with our affiliated companies and will ensure their processing of your Personal Data is in compliance with the purposes and requirements of this Policy. We will obtain your prior consent again if affiliated companies intend to use your Personal Data for other purposes than set forth in this Policy.
4.2 Third party service provider
- Our analytics providers. We use third-party analytics such as Google Analytics for Firebase, HockeyApp, for the purposes of delivering our services, conducting analysis, and research.
- Our cloud service providers. We store information we collect from you on servers provided by our third-party cloud service providers such as Firebase Cloud Functions, Firebase Realtime Database;
- Third-party advertising partners. We have contracted with certain third-party advertising networks that assist us in delivering advertising to you that allows us to continue offering the Products for free or at low cost, such as AdMob, MoPub, Facebook Ads.
- Advertising partner’s third-party tracking provider. We allow our advertising partners to track impressions, clicks, installs or other advertising campaign performance indicators through their tracking providers for the purposes of measuring their advertising campaign performance. They may use their own third-party tracking providers.
- Other third-party service providers. To help us improve our service, anonymous information is shared with third parties for their business purposes, including the creation of reports, market research and trend analysis. Data shared does not contain information from which users can be identified and we will not provide additional information to such third parties that enables such third parties to identify you. (OpenSignal, Huq, Similar Web)
We may contract with additional Partners or change existing Partners in the future to perform any services in connection with the Product. These changes shall be updated from time to time or promptly in case of material changes in our data processing practices.
The list of our current service providers and partners is available here.
4.3 Other situations
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us. We reserve the right, but do not undertake a duty, to notify you of court orders, subpoenas or other legal process if allowed. If you do not want us to respond to legal process compelling us to disclose your information, you need to obtain a valid order permitting us to refuse to disclose it and serve the order on us at least 3 business days before the response deadline.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce the Site terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
Rocketshield is committed to protecting the security of your Personal Data. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Rocketshield has strict restrictions on access to user data. Yet, no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while Rocketshield uses reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Data, Rocketshield cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- Data retention
Personal Data shall be processed and stored for as long as required by the purpose they have been collected for.
Personal Data collected for purposes related to the performance of a contract between Rocketshield and user shall be retained until such contract has been fully performed.
Personal Data collected for the purposes of Rocketshield’ s legitimate business shall be retained as long as needed to fulfill such purposes. Users may find specific information regarding the legitimate interests pursued by Rocketshield within the relevant sections of this document or by contacting us.
Rocketshield may be allowed to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever user has given consent to such processing, as long as such consent is not withdrawn. Furthermore, Rocketshield may be obliged to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or upon order of an authority.
Once the retention period expires, Personal Data shall be deleted. Therefore, the right to access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after expiration of the retention period.
- EEA user’s rights
If you are a user within the EEA, you may exercise certain rights regarding your Data processed by Rocketshield by contacting us according to section 11 herein. Please be aware that we may require certain information from you for purpose of verification and identification.
In particular, Users have the right to do the following:
- Withdraw their consent at any time. Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their Personal Data.
- Object to processing of their Data. Users have the right to object to the processing of their Data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent. Further details are provided in the dedicated section below.
- Access their Data. Users have the right to learn if Data is being processed by Rocketshield, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the Data undergoing processing.
- Verify and seek rectification. Users have the right to verify the accuracy of their Data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- Restrict the processing of their Data. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their Data. In this case, Rocketshield will not process their Data for any purpose other than storing it.
- Have their Personal Data deleted or otherwise removed. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their Data from Rocketshield.
- Receive their Data and have it transferred to another controller. Users have the right to receive their Data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that the Data is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on the User’s consent, on a contract which the User is part of or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Lodge a complaint. Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection authority.
We use advertising to fund our Services and to make our Product available for free. We offer this Product for free or at low cost and in order to do that we need to share information we collect from you with our third-party advertising partners. As a safeguard to protect your privacy, we only store personal information temporarily. The information collected helps us to improve our websites and Product and – at the same time – keep our Product free.
If you are an European Economic Area (EEA) – based user be aware that: Before sharing any information with our advertising partners for the purposes of personalized advertising, we always ask for your consent of this Product. We allow our advertising partners to show personalized ads to you only if you have accept in relevant pop-up window and so consented to the sharing of your personal information for the purposes of personalized advertising. You can withdraw your consent pursuant to the section 8.5 herein. When you decide to withdraw your consent of if you do not provide your consent, you may still see the same number of ads on your device; however, these ads may be less relevant because they won’t be based on topics you like, your interest, behavior, demographics, etc. Our advertising partners may continue to show you ads based on the content of the application you are using.
- Children’s privacy
Rocketshield Services are not meant for people under 16 (or the minimum age required by the laws of the EU member states). We are committed to protecting the privacy needs of children and we encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities and interests. We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 16 and we do not target Rocketshield Service to children under 16.
We will make our best efforts (including implementation of technical measures) to verify whether the processing of minors’ information has been approved by their guardians. We will try to delete relevant data as soon as possible if we are aware that we have collected the personal data of a minor without the prior consent of their certified guardians.
- International data transfers
Your personal information may be transferred to and processed in countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country.
We are very open about privacy and recognize your trust as a great value. If you have any questions about this statement or any privacy issues in our Products or services, feel free to contact us through one of the following ways：
- for privacy questions and exercising your rights via our privacy email: email@example.com;
- our data protection officer: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- for general information：email@example.com.